Wednesday 4 March 2015

Self Evaluation

I have contributed mostly to the filming process. We used the estate I live in as our location, which is Kingsmead estate in Hackney, I suggested this location as I know it well, it is very symmetrical and it has very liner mise en scene, so i thought this would be a good shot visually.


I felt like this is a strength in our title sequence as it fit our sub genre (which is youth drama) well as it is a stereotypical east London estate which is mainly populated by youths, and the set alone could create the sense of grimy council estate london.
I also contributed with the casting choice, my uncle is the actor who plays Marcus. I thought he was a good casting choice as he fits the stereotypical assumption of bad youths today.
i think the sound that is playing during the production companies should be played during the narrative instead of the production companies as it reflects the atmosphere of title sequence better than the current one we have playing over the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment